My name is Jimmy Kleager. I am a retired US Army Lieutenant Colonel with 20 years of service. As an Infantryman on the front lines I saw first hand the injuries our men and women sustained serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many of these Wounded Warriors require specially adapted homes to aid their healing and increase their independence. Now retired, I have taken on this mission to help my fellow brother and sisters, our Wounded Veterans.
I was blessed with an amazing year in Real Estate and I look forward to doubling my business this next year. I can attribute my successes to all that I learned in the Army. Now it is time to give back. This year I am raising support for an superb non-profit organization called Homes For Our Troops (HFOT). HFOTUSA.ORG
HFOT builds and donates specially adapted custom homes nationwide for severely injured post – 9/11 Veterans, to enable them to rebuild their lives. Most of these Veterans have sustained injuries including multiple limb amputations, partial or full paralysis, and/or severe traumatic brain injury (TBI). These homes restore some of the freedom and independence our Veterans sacrificed while defending our country, and enable them to focus on their family, recovery, and rebuilding their lives.
HFOT is an incredible organization and the following list speaks to their success:
1. HFOT has completed 248 homes across the nation, 17 being in Colorado with four more on the way. Currently, there are over 1200 servicemen and women that qualify for a HFOT home.
2. Since its inception in 2004, nearly 90 cents of every dollar has gone directly to the program services for Veterans.
3. HFOT earned the high rating (four stars) on the Charity Navigator website.
4. HFOT builds the home where the Veteran chooses to live, and continues its relationship with the Veterans after home delivery to assist them with rebuilding their lives.
5. HFOT takes a holistic approach by first introducing the Veteran to the community and then tracking the Veterans transition. HFOT provides three of financial planning to assist the transition.
HFOT completed one home in Montrose and is currently building a second one.
How I am helping.
I am running six Spartan Races this year (Spartan.com) to honor the wounded warriors and those that made the ultimate sacrifice. The scars are both visible and invisible, and and these warriors deserve our gratitude and support.
How you can help
1. Support with a financial gift. You can make a donation on this page, or if you prefer a check, I will deliver it for you.
2. Join my team, come race with me, and raise your own support. Contact me for details. firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-697-7776.
Thanks in advance for you support.